By becoming a Clay Arts Guild (CAG) member you help sustain the Center for Community Arts clay arts program. In return, CAG provides significant benefits to you as a member:
- A 39% discount on the registration fee for Open Studios (currently $161 for non-members, $98 for members).
- A 56% discount on Master Potter Workshop registration fees (currently $93 for non-members, $43 for members). These one-day workshops bring in world-class ceramicists from around the country for a day of lecture demonstration.
- Participation in CAG’s two Studio Sales per year. These sales are owned by the members of CAG, who transform the studio into a salesroom, provide staffing during the sale and clean-up afterwards. Artists receive 75% of proceeds from the sale of their work, with 25% contributed to CAG.
- Four members-only studio events per year. These events vary between hands-on workshops such as tool and brush making, and in-depth get-to-know our instructors lectures. Refreshments are provided, plus lots of fun and camaraderie.
- Access to CAG’s large lending library of books and DVD’s on ceramics. Whether your interest is in hand building, throwing, decorating, sculpting or alternative firing you will find useful books, DVD’s and periodicals in the library, available for loan to members only.
- CAG’s newsletter is published 4-5 times a year to provide news about studio operations, clay tips, member profiles and other issues of interest to members.
- CAG membership is on an annual basis from September 1st to August 31st.
- Annual dues are $80 in the fall term and prorated if you join in subsequent terms: winter $70, spring $60 and summer $40.
- New Members: The membership envelopes are located near the CAG Bulletin Board. Provide your name and contact information and indicate your volunteer interests. Enclose a check or cash and place in locker #2. The Membership Coordinator will notify the city of your new membership so that you will receive the discounts.
- Current Members: Renew a membership online using a credit card. [Note: A convenience fee equal to 2.9% + .30 is included in the membership fees for online renewals.]
In terms of dollars and cents, CAG membership is a terrific deal. If you were to take 4 sessions of Open Studio and 3 Master Potter Workshops in a year, you would save $322. Even if you only took one session of Open Studio and one Master Potter Workshop in a year, you would save $33! In the larger picture, by joining, you are helping the clay arts program and receive considerable benefits in return.